Yeah, odd title but I thought it might catch you by surprise! Tonight I bring you a link round up because so many people are bring the internet lots of neat things, and well I got sucked into watching one of my all time favorite Christmas Shows "A Year Without Santa Clause" and I mean THIS one, not THAT one. I love Heat Miser, that little stop animation puppet cracks me up with his light up hair and little tiny misers dancing around. Anyway, thanks for humoring me, maybe one day I'll share with you exactly why I love Heat Miser - but that has to be a story over a few Blue Moons or a few Yuengling Lagers at Pubcon or SES. :)
So what about those wish lists, toad stompers and elves? That's what I bring you tonight, and much more, in the link round up.
- David Wallace has a great wish list over at SearchRank blog. All I want for Christmas is.... an awesome list, probably every Search Marketer is pinning up on their fridge right now.
- OfficeMax has this crazy elf viral thing (sorry that's the best description I can come up with) called ElfYourself. So far we have Cameron, Steve & Debbie all sharing their lovely Elftraits with the community. Go on be brave, you know you wanna. ;)
- Bill Slawski has an awesome article about User Intent that is posted out on Search Engine Land
- DaveN launched TickMe - go on TickME.... please, I need some love! (psst... there's even a "stalking DaveN" group, great for us DaveN fangals)
- Speaking of love, Danny wants some Digg Podcasting Love - Digg The Daily Search Cast!
- And more love - Stuntdbl just loooves the diggerz - but gives us not 3, not 11, but 16 reasons why they hate SEOs
- Loren's just announced that voting can commence for this year's Search Engine Journal awards - you can VOTE HERE (HINT Section #3 - "5" is a good number for Search Marketing Gurus ;) )
- Jake Bailie's moving on from True Local
- Even though Jake does look good in a tiara, Neil Patel = Princess (at least according to Andy)
- I think SEOFanGuy is still taking nominations for the Woman of SEO for January - check it out and give some of the women in the search industry your love!
- Lastly, I didn't think stomping toads would be quite so fun, but the Web Guerrilla (Greg Boser) certainly did a damn fine job of it. Even if I am "that Hat Chick" to him, Boser makes very good, very relevant points about the hypocrisy of those Frog Princes. BTW, Boser's now my "Toad Stomper." (*update - you can now Digg Boser's post)
And now that my sarcasm, whit and whimsy is depleted for the evening, I leave you with one last parting thought. Is it only in San Francisco where you find Mentally Deranged Seals, or is this a phenomena that's sweeping the nation? Maybe that's why we here in Philly must endure another run up those Art Museum steps?