Sorry.. I couldn't refuse. If you didn't know, E-Bay owned Skype is down and has been for quite a while today. E-bay's message says 12-24 hours till it's return. Apparently software is the cause. If a legitimate phone company went offline for that long because of software problems, wouldn't there be riots?
Right now it's just a plethora of activity out on Techmeme.
- Mashable: Massive Skype Outage Sees Dip in Ebay Stock Price
- Heartbeat: Problems with Skype Login
- VoIP & Gadgets Blog: Skype Outage
- GigOm: Does Skype Outage Expose P2P's Limitations?
- TechCrunch: Skype Suffers Major Outage
It's a pain for us here at the office, we use Skype to communicate from the front office to the back. Guess that means we actually have to get up, walk to a cubicle and talk to our co-workers today. :)