I landed in London yesterday morning, and made my way to Islington to the site of SES London. It was still quite early in the morning, so I got to hang out in the lobby with a bunch of friends here. After we got our rooms we headed out for some "discovery" of London that I didn't get to do last year.
I have one piece of advice, don't take the stairs at the Covent Garden underground station. Seriously, unless you run 20 flights of steps 10 times a day, you could not be prepared. I believe I got my elliptical work out for 2 days done yesterday!
As always, I consider myself extremely lucky and grateful when I get to spend time with my friends from the industry. It's even better when it a great mix of people as who's here in London. After a great afternoon with Marilyn, Stewart, Jackie and Kevin Newcomb (one of the 3 Kevins!), it was off for an awesome dinner at a Brazilian restaurant around the corner from the Hilton. As usual we all wandered back to the bar where we started talking about the upcoming conference.
As you know my pal Mike Grehan is the chair of the event. He's got an amazing lineup of speakers. Seriously, Mike's pulled out all the stops and is pulling no punches with the sessions he's got lined up. So, here's 5 reasons you should come to SES London:
- Mike Grehan's the Chair - come on, that alone is worth it's weight in gold. You know that what ever Mike's got planned has to be chock full of great and valuable information.
- Dr.Ralph Wilson - I love Ralph's interviews he puts on YouTube. This has me excited to see what he has in store for the Introduction to Search Marketing session. Getting to see Ralph's take on this session will be something anyone new to search should do!
- Dave Naylor gets to tell the audience what he really thinks of Paid Links & Google
- Fantomaster - if Mike isn't reason enough, Ralph Tegtmeier is. This guy is just fascinating. It really doesn't matter what "hat" you call yourself, the chance to be able to talk with Ralph makes this conference well worth the price. If you are into very tough markets, it's amazing what Ralph's software can do. The chance to pick his brain to help your own efforts along - priceless.
- Organic Listing Forum: Fantonmaster, Naylor, Grehan and a Google consultant who isn't Matt Cutts..... can we say bring out the popcorn?
I even have two bonus reason for you to attend!
- No Keynotes that include JC! Mike loves this industry enough not to torture us yet again with the same useless dribble.
- You'll get to meet new Search Marketing Gurus writer SEOIdiot (Paul Madden).
If you can't make it to the conference, check out all the fun we're having through the photos of SES London 2008 that I post to Flickr.