Almost two weeks ago, I got the opportunity to go to Blog Potomac with Beau (Shannon) Hall, where we had a great time, but also got to shoot a lot of video interviews. I've posted those interviews here on Search Marketing Gurus, but here's a a quick and easy to access run down of those interviews.
- Interview with Geoff Livingston, Author of Now is Gone
- Interview with Debbie Weil, Author of The Corporate Blogging Book
- Interview with Kami Watson-Huyse of My PR Pro
- Interview with Rohit Bhargarva, Author of Personality Not Included
- Interview with Lionel Menchaca, Dell's Chief Blogger
What you haven't seen yet, is the interviews of the audience at Blog Potomac. We asked each person "So what's your name? What's Your Blog? and... Why Do You Love Blogging?". The answers and response we got was amazing and it was a lot of fun to do. I felt like I now expanded my realm of blogs to read immensely, while also wanting to make sure the SMG audience knew about all these folks where we so passionate about blogs and the topic of their blogs!
All total there's over 25 "Why I Love Blogging" interviews, below is a list of the interviewees with a link to their individual video and to each of their blogs, so take the time and check out some of these great pieces of communication! The range of blog topics is great from Public Relations, Environment and even Concierge Advice, you need to take a look at these blogs.
- Geoff Livingston of The Buzz Bin
- Rick Dassler of By Introduction Only
- Kami Watson-Huyse from Communication Overtones
- Shana Glickfield of D.C. Concierge
- Debbie Weil of Blog Write For CEO's
- Lionel Menchaca of Direct2Dell
- SMG's own Simon Heseltine of Endless Plain
- Miriam Kagan of Generation Y Give
- John Waugh of The Green Hand
- Scott Stephan of I Love Peanut Butter
- Mike Toner of Its All Good
- Jonny Goldstein of JonnyGoldstein.com
- David Parmet of MarketingBeginsAtHome
- Ahson Wardak of MyPHD Blogged
- Michael Hackmer of Hackblog
- Larissa Fair from Buzz Bin
- Jeremy Pepper from Pop! PR
- James Walker from PR Prescriptions
- Lindsay from RadioActiveCats
- Jeffrey Davis of PR Buzzsaw
- Shashi Bellamkonda of Shashi.name
- Nick O'Neil of Social Times
- Frank Gruber of Somewhat Frank
- Jared Goralnick of Techno Theory
- Dan Baum of DBC PR's What Goes Around blog
- Shireen Mitchell of Women Wired In
And just to highlight and give you a taste of the videos, here's Shireen Mitchell's take on why she loves blogging, she blogs about a subject near and dear to my heart, Women in Technology.
Beau and I are also putting together a few montages of these explanations of why people love blogging, stay tune to SMG for those!